Stabilizing Health Insurance Markets
ACP has prepared a chapter action tool kit that ACP chapters can use to advance policies at the state level that will help ensure continued health coverage and essential benefits, strengthen and expand Medicaid, and stabilize the health insurance market.
ACP has prepared a chapter action tool kit that ACP chapters can use to help advance legislation in their states that eliminate any existing exemptions, except for medical reasons, from their immunization laws and/or oppose legislation to expand exemptions.
Great strides have been made to help reduce excessive administrative tasks on physicians and patients and ACP has developed a new online tool to allow you to share your stories of “burden” with us.
ACP has prepared a chapter action tool kit that ACP chapters can use to help advance legislation in their states to reduce firearms-related injuries and deaths.
- Where the college stands on key health policy issues, news and recent policy changes.
- Visit Legislative Action Center for more information about the new Advocates for Internal Medicine Network (AIMn) and the Richard Neubauer Advocate for Internal Medicine Award.
- ACA Enrollment - help patients enroll in Health Insurance Marketplaces.
- The ACP Advocate - bi-weekly, e-newsletter created by ACP members about public policy issues affecting internal medicine and patient care.
- The ACP Advocacy Blog by Bob Doherty
- Member Advocacy - other resources to help members advocate ACP policy.
- ACP Policy Library - a repository of ACP's current and historic policies.
Other National Resources
- Consumer website: Affordable Care Act - site provides clear, trusted, concise, and easy to understand information by state, timeline, and patient characteristics (small business, under or over age 65, etc.)
Chair of the Health and Public Policy Committee
Amy Davis, DO, MS, FACP
PA-ACP Services, Inc.
ERG Partners, John Nikoloff
President, PA-ACP Services Inc.
Ibrahim Ghobrial, MBBCh, FACP