Leadership Day 2023 in Washington, DC
May 23, 2023 @ 8:30 am - May 24, 2023 @ 5:00 pm EDT
Leadership Day 2023 in Washington, D.C.!
Date: May 23-24, 2023
When is Leadership Day?
Leadership Day, the College’s annual two-day advocacy event in Washington, DC, will be held May 23-24 with the Salamander Hotel as the host hotel.
How can you benefit from Leadership Day?
In addition to having an opportunity to meet with your member of Congress and staff in Washington, DC, participants get in-depth briefings from White House officials, Capitol Hill staffers, and members of Congress who are among the top health care decision makers.
- Receive a comprehensive orientation on ACP’s top legislative priorities.
- Earn Continuing Medical Education (CME) credits.
- Learn advocacy skills that can be utilized in Pennsylvania.
- Meet other internists who care about advocacy and colleagues from the Commonwealth.
- Learn about policy issues that impact your profession and your ability to provide quality care.
- Get to know ACP leaders and staff.
- Socialize and have a great time!
Leadership Day this year will be held in Washington, D.C. at the Salamander Hotel (formerly the Mandarin Oriental Hotel).
The schedule is:
Tuesday, May 23
- 8:30 AM - 10:00 AM: Medical Students and Residents/Fellows In-Training Briefing
- 10:30 AM - 12:00 PM: Advocacy Workshop
- 12:45 PM - 5:30 PM: General Session (Congressional/Administration Staff Briefing and Awards Program)
Wednesday, May 24
- 7:00 AM - 9:00 AM: Briefing by Members of Congress/Other Officials
- 9:30 AM - 5:00 PM: Capitol Hill Visits
How do I register for Leadership Day?
ACP members can register for the event online, which is also accessible on the Leadership Day homepage. Please note that space is limited and the registration deadline is Thursday, April 20. Anyone planning to attend Leadership Day must be registered and ACP National does not automatically register its officers or chapter governors for the event.
What information do I need to make hotel reservations at the Salamander?
A room block has been designated for Leadership Day attendees at the Salamander Hotel in Washington, D.C. (formerly the Mandarin Oriental Hotel) at the discounted rate of $415 per night. Hotel reservations can be made online at: ACP Leadership Day 2023. Please ask for “ACP’s Leadership Day” event if you are phoning in your reservation. The deadline to make hotel reservations is Thursday, April 20. If you are unable to acquire a room in our block, please contact Shuan Tomlinson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More information and FAQs about Leadership Day is available on the ACP Services Leadership Day website.